Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Discover Switzerland is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Ski through fresh powder in the Swiss Alps, listen to cowbells while enjoying a picnic in a mountain meadow, or feast on fondue in Gruyeres; all with your trusted travel companion. Discover the best of Switzerland and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Discover Switzerland:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, family travel, winter and summer travel, scenic transport, food and drink, spa resorts and treatments, language guide, films, books.
- Over 38 colour maps
- Covers Geneva, Lausanne, Bern, Basel, Bernese Oberland, Valais, Zermatt, Zurich, Lake Constance, St Moritz, Graubunden, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Discover Switzerland , our easy-to-use guide, filled with inspiring and colorful photos, focuses on Switzerland's most popular attractions for those looking for the best of the best.
- Looking for a comprehensive guide that recommends both popular and offbeat experiences, and extensively covers all the country has to offer? Check out our Lonely Planet Switzerland guide.
Authors: Written and researched by Lonely Planet, Nicola Williams, Kerry Christiani, Gregor Clark and Sally O'Brien.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Most helpful customer reviewsSee all customer reviews...